Features & Benefits
Exercise Your Power Wisely
Quick, agile and responsive, Prius c serves up control and joy in equal measure. Powered by Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive, the most proven hybrid system on the road, and the only one in the subcompact segment. Prius c gets you from A to B using a fraction of the fuel while leaving little sign of its passing.
Ride & Handling
Fun-to-drive meets fuel efficiency to create the ideal city vehicle. Thanks to its Hybrid Synergy Drive, Prius c is quick off the mark, smooth during acceleration, and incredibly quiet. The low centre of gravity design and 4.8 meter turning radius combine to deliver agile and responsive handling. Additional Enhancements
Hybrid Synergy Drive
Prius c lets you go further while spending less at the pumps, thanks to Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive—the world's most proven hybrid technology. The system combines an advanced 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, Atkinson cycle gas engine with a powerful electric motor and a continuously variable transmission, specially adapted to Prius c's smaller platform. Learn More
Power & Fuel Efficiency
Together, Prius c's engine and hybrid battery generate 99 net HP, ideal for the urban landscape. Even more impressive,
Prius c delivers city and combined fuel consumption ratings of just 4.5 and 4.8 L/100 km† while dramatically lowering emissions.
WATCH THE new
testing methods video
Three Drive Modes
You choose how you want to go. In addition to its normal-driving mode, Prius c offers two additional driving options—ECO and EV—to help get the most out of every litre of fuel. ECO-mode reduces overall energy consumption by controlling climate control and throttle to improve vehicle efficiency. EV-mode enables Prius c to be driven solely by electric power for up to a kilometre when traveling below 40 km/h.
Prius c's multi-information display features 8 different function screens that keep you in touch with vehicle performance and help you to get the most of every dollar spent at the gas pumps. The ECO score screen, for example, lets you see at a glance how fuel-efficient your driving habits are, and the ECO savings screen can show you how much you're using in fuel costs. Learn More
Performance: Ride & Handling
Prius c boasts MacPherson gas struts upfront, and torsion beams in the rear, both tuned to deliver an engaging balance of responsive handling and ride comfort.
On Prius c Technology, handling has been enhanced with a faster turning ratio (2.28 turns lock-to-lock), to quicken the dynamic response.
Performance: Hybrid Synergy Drive
In adapting the Hybrid Synergy Drive to the smaller Prius c platform, each of the system’s major components were engineered to reduce weight, scale, and improve efficiency, including the transmission and motor generators.
The compact gasoline engine, transaxle and power-control unit are optimally placed within the vehicle to help enhance weight distribution and lower the center of gravity.
In addition, the hybrid battery and fuel tank are positioned together beneath the rear seat, ideally distributing their mass within the wheelbase to improve weight distribution and help enhance handling.
Performance: Performance Indicators
1. Energy Monitor: Shows the operating conditions—energy flows—of the hybrid system in real time.
2. Drive Information: Displays odometer, average speed, driving time, percentage of distance driven in EV mode, cruising range, and outside temperature.
3. ECO Score: A Toyota first. Prius c evaluates your level of eco-friendly driving and displays the results. A new score is calculated for each trip. Keeping the indicator within Eco area can help Eco-friendly driving.
4. 5-Minute Consumption: Displays the average fuel consumption in intervals of 5 minutes. Current fuel consumption is simultaneously displayed, allowing it to be compared with previous fuel consumption rates.
5. ECO Savings: Another Toyota first. Enter a price for gas, and you'll see your fuel costs for a given distance.
6. ECO Savings Record: Displays the fuel cost for the current month, past three months, and the year-ago month.
7. Past Record: Displays the best three fuel consumption records along with the current fuel consumption ranking.
8. Settings & Screen Off: Perform operations such as changing the date & time and screen settings.
- 1. Energy Monitor
- 2. Drive Information
- 3. ECO Score
- 4. 5-Minute Consumption
- 5. ECO Savings
- 6. ECO Savings Record
- 7. Past Record
- 8. Settings & Screen Off